8/12/2005

Sturgis Rally Week



This is a photo, taken with the camera on my phone, to give you an idea of the motorcycles around here. This bar/restaurant usually has maybe 30 cars there. I'm guessing that evening at least 150 motorcycles were in the parking lot.




Image hosted by Photobucket.com



We got a nice rainstorm here yesterday afternoon, so that kept most of the bikes off the road. Sturgis Rally Week ends this weekend, but I guess the bikes linger a few weeks afterwards. Hope to go for a drive with Gary (if we have good weather) and take some photos with the real camera.



Been knitting a scarf this week. I have to have something brainless to do while on breaks at work.....I have a co-worker that seems to stop by to chat every time I look at a pattern and try to figure it out. It's like trying to knit with an active 2 year-old around! Will take yarn pics over the weekend.

4 comments:

Shelly said...

Oh, yeah, this is your first year down there, isn't it? Crazy place to be--all sorts of sin and drunkedness and skirt chasing...

Oh, and motorcycles!

Unknown said...

Hey, my FIL was contemplating whether or not to go to Sturgis this year. . . I'll be posting some photos of my trip to NoDak and getting rides on his motorcycle and Uncle Gary's motorcycle. Thanks for stopping by my blog. . . I almost missed your post.

~drew emborsky~ said...

In the small town where I grew up in Michigan there was a motorcylce rally each year. They would come roaring down the street in front of our house and all the kids would go out and wave at them. It was like an hour long parade of very loud Harley's. Very cool!!

Dana S. Whitney said...

So you're in Sturgis? I have a friend from down here in TX who went this year... with his new wife, too. More power to you. Hope you got some rain. We've had 4 thunderstorms through since 5 pm... and My daughter's plane to MA was delayed by 2 hours....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...