3/12/2006

SP7 & project news

A gigantic heartfelt THANK YOU to my Fairy Knit Mother!!! Besides sending some treats and toys for the cats, and some Burt's Bees hand creme, she's sent me, in the last 6 weeks, what you see in 2 of the photos below....sorry they are out of order!
Image hosting by Photobucket
Some great Wool of the Andes yarn for dying, and a beautiful wooden crochet hook.


Image hosting by Photobucket
Here are a stack of squares I've made for Crochet Dude, and the charity he helps out. If you have some acrylic in your stash, this is a great way to use some of it, and for a great cause. I try to make a couple a week, and I think I have around 12 to send so far.


Image hosting by Photobucket
This is a section of a baby blanket I finished. Simple garter stitch, using size 15 or 13 needles. Took about a week.


Image hosting by Photobucket
And finally, I leave you with more goodness from my SKM....a cute sheep tape measure, kool-aid for dying the yarn shown above, a pez dispenser (I have 2 of these cute guys now!), and hanging from Chicken Little's head is a stitch marker...the rest of them are at his feet.Hard to see, but the markers are white, green and pink. Love them!! Also shown is one skein (I got 8!!) of some alpaca yarn, very soft, in a soft purple shade, kinda grey. Still deciding what to make with it.

My FKM is the best!!!! I'm bad with words and expressing myself, but I wanted all to know that her emails and packages have really made this Secret Pal 7 a special event!! If the gal I'm spoiling is only half as pleased with what I've sent, then I know I've done a good job.

By the way, in 2 more months we'll be in Vegas. If you know of any yarn shops in Las Vegas or Henderson, let me know! I've got money budgeted for yarn, and Bri and I plan to go hunting for yarn shops. Also, we need stuff to do during the day....stuff you can do with a year-old princess. So if you know of any sights to see, shout out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Karyn,
I'm so glad you're enjoying the stuff. Even though SP7 had the questionnaires it's still hard to know what to send sometimes. And ordering from knitpicks is great, but the time is an issue unless items are drop-shipped directly. Just a few more weeks until the official reveal! Brrr, that snow looks cold and miserable. Hope you all are staying warm and safe.

Your FKM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...