5/26/2005

Secret Pal 5 questionnaire

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
Yes and no. I have tons of Red Heart yarn that I love to use for afghans, hats and scarves that I make for charity. So I don't need anymore of it. Right now I'm just starting to venture into using other yarns, and I love cashmere blends and Cascade wools.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
No spinning, and I do crochet. Lately I've been knitting , but that's only because most of the crocheting projects are packed away.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
No allergies, but I use to smoke, and now the smell of smoke on stuff makes me sick. I have to use inhalers when it gets really bad. So if you are a smoker, please keep anything you have for me in plastic bags, away from any smoke. Thank you!!

4. How long have you been knitting?
An aunt taught me how to knit when I was around 7 years old, but I stopped for several decades. Right now I consider myself a beginner. I just learned how to knit in the round, and hope to someday be able to make socks.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes, at Amazon. I'll be adding to it as the weeks go by. Please email me if you have questions about it, or any other questions about my likes and dislikes. I check my email at least once a day.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Vanilla, rain, mint, rose, rosemary, lemon.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Yes. Chocolate, especially milk chocolate by Godiva and Cadbury. No nuts, no coconut. Just plain chocolate!! And if you can find them, Hersheyets are great (like m&ms but by Hershey, and they taste better)

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I don't really do anything else. Knitting, crocheting, and the computer take up most of my spare time.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
C/W, esp. older stuff (like from the 40's), swing, metal, Mississippi blues. No, but I have a CD player.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
Pinks and purples and greens. HATE orange!!!

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Live with boyfriend Gary (as of 6/5/05) and our cats. See blog for cat info. Have a daughter who's married, and they have a baby girl born in 2/05.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
Right now, to just get a job once we get to South Dakota! After that, to enjoy our lives and visit more state and national parks.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Cashmerino, soft wools, variegated yarns are fun for some projects.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Fun furs, cheap acrylics (Red Heart is fine), mohair.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Been making tank tops for the granddaughter, plus I'm going to attempt a booga bag to felt!

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Afghans for now. Once I get more practice and skills I hope to branch out into purses, sweaters and socks.

17. What are you knitting right now?
2 items on the needles are an afghan in Patons Pixie for son-in-law and a blue tank top for baby.

18. What do you think about ponchos?
Hated them in the early 70's, still hate them today!

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Straight, but I do own and use some circs.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Doesn't make much difference to me. I own needles in all of those materials.

21. Are you a sock knitter?
Not yet! Once we get settles in SD I hope to find someone that can show me how to do them.

22. How did you learn to knit?
An aunt taught me how to knit and crochet when I was around 7 years old.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
Maybe 9 months.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Eeyore is one. Love cats. Also like monkeys, and have some beanie baby monkeys on my dashboard.

25. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas and Halloween.

26. Is there anything that you collect?
After cleaning out my apartment for this move, I'm trying not to collect stuff! But, I like purses (see blog).

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
none.

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
I have SnB Nation....That's it. So I could use anything that is written for beginners and easily understandable. Am looking for patterns for easy tank tops for a size 18/20 woman, and I may work my way up to easy sweaters in a year or so.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you moving to San Diego?

Karen said...

No, we're going to Rapid City, SD. I already changed my location my profile. Right now I'm in North Hollywood, CA, and will be for another 6 days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...