9/08/2005

Secret Pal 6

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
Sadly, I've become a snob. I use Red Heart for charity projects, as it holds up well and is washable. But I have tons of the stuff, so now I limit my shopping for wools mostly.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
No spinning, but I do crochet.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
Not that I'm aware of, but the smell of smoke on clothes makes me sick. Sick as in it's hard for me to breathe, and I then need to use my inhaler.
4. How long have you been knitting?
Learned when I was 7 or so, but I still can only do basic stuff. I don't think I have the attention span needed to do complicated patterns.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes, at Amazon, Herrschners, and Knit Picks.
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
vanilla, jasmine, rose, rosemary, eucalyptus
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
yes! love plain chocolate (no nuts, no fruit flavors, etc) & wint-o-green lifesaver
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
None. Work, computer and knitting fills up my day!
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Plenty! I like c/w, both new and from the 40's,swing music, Metallica, Green Day, etc. But if you want to get me some music, please ask me for what I'm looking for, or chek the Amazon list. No MP3, just cds.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
pinks, greens, purples, blues. HATE ORANGE!!!!!
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Live with boyfriend Gary and our 3 cats, Peedy, Beebs and Polly.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
Travel and see more of the USA
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
wools, alpaca, and I love cashmere!!
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
fun furs,cheap acrylics
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
scarfs hats and afghans.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
afghans
17. What are you knitting right now?
ha! 2 afghans,a scarf and some cat toys.
18. What do you think about ponchos?
Always hated them, even back in the 70's.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
straight
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
bamboo please!
21. Are you a sock knitter?
not yet. I really need to find someone local that can show me how!!
22. How did you learn to knit?
Aunt taught me
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
Knitting? About 3 months
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Eeyore, Nightmare before Christmas, those goth girls cartoons
25. What is your favorite holiday?
Halloween and Christmas
26. Is there anything that you collect?
Got a Pez collection started at work, also have mugs (too many, don't need more)
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Interweave Knits (thanks SP5!!)
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Check the Amazon list!
29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another??
I'd like to make a rectangle shaped shawl, nothing too complicated!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...